Current production facility is giving away a diluted aqueous ammonia solution which is a by-product from one of their chemical reactorsSolution.pdf
Current production facility is giving away a diluted aqueous ammonia solution
Current production facility is giving away a diluted aqueous ammonia solution which is a by-product from one of their chemical reactors. However, another reactor in their facility, which operates in batch mode, requires ammonia with a minimum concentration of 87 mol% NH3 in water. Instead of giving away the aqueous ammonia and then re-purchasing pure ammonia, the plant proposes:
• to install a 30,000 US gallon intermediate storage tank for the diluted aqueous ammonia solution,
• to install a continuous distillation system with bubble cap trays to recover the ammonia from a 1.5 to 25 mol% NH3 in water solution (i.e., “diluted aqueous ammonia stream”), and
• to install a 25 m3 concentrated aqueous ammonia product storage tank (indicate the desired orientation of the tank, i.e., vertical vs. horizontal installation).
Diluted aqueous ammonia conditions entering the feed pump:
• Concentration: 1.5 to 25 mol% NH3 in water
• Temperature: 40 to 75?F
• Pressure: the pressure gauge is broken, but the operator mentioned that the diluted aqueous
ammonia entering the pump is in a liquid state.
• Mass flow rate: 1600 kg/h
The environmental engineer emphasized that the water treatment facility cannot accept any effluent from the new process that contains more ‘than a few ppm of NH3 in water’.
• Cooling tower water supply: 25?C; max. 800 USGPM
• Glycol supply: 20 vol% mono-ethylene-glycol in water; 45?F; available in a very limited quantity.
• Heating medium: Dowtherm G; 570?F, max. 12,000 USGPH
• Plant air: max. 150 psig
• Instrument air: max. 150 psig
1. Draw a P&ID of the system, i.e., the P&ID can be neatly drawn by hand.
o You may wish to exclude the following from the P&ID: the waste water treatment facility, the diluted aqueous ammonia storage tank, and the heat tracing of pipes and equipment.
o the heating medium flow rate to the reboiler,
o the cooling medium flow rate to the condenser, and
o the reflux pump type, model number, and manufacturer.
3. Indicate all instruments (e.g. flow, pressure, temperature) on the P&ID.
Get Assignment Help Now...!
Subjects We Offer
- Engineering Assignment Help
- MATLAB Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Assignment Help
- Civil Engineering Assignment Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Electrical Engineering Assignment Help
- Electronics Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Do My Assignment
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Programming Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Assignment Provider
- Finance Assignment Help
- Python Assignment help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Industrial Engineering Homework Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- University Assignment Help
- Agriculture Engineering Homework Help
- ATHE Courses Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- BTEC Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Resit Assignment Help
- Computer Architecture Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- PHP Assignment Help