Assessment item 2
Report: Cross Cultural Differences
Length: 2000 words (+/-10%)
Research has demonstrated that HR practices are not always transferable and may not produce the same results in different cultural contexts. Choose two of the following HR practices and critically evaluate how cultural differences may impact upon their utilisation; using examples to illustrate your argument
- Performance appraisal
- Recruitment and selection
- Training and development
Subject learning outcomes
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
be able to explain the complexity of cross-cultural differences with respect to the integration of international business activity and international human resource management practice.
be able to reflect, contrast and critically evaluate the differences and similarities in human resource management practices among different cultures.
be able to compare and contrast approaches to international human resource management practice.
The aim of this assignment is to enable you to demonstrate your understanding of challenges companies face in the realm of International HRM. This report also enables you to apply the knowledge and skills you gain in the subject to real life issues in the work environment.
Criterion and weighting
- Demonstrates understanding of 2 listed practices and critical analysis of the work and tasks inherent in IHRM and how they may be impacted upon in a variety of countries the MNC operates in - Clear precise and demonstrated understanding, interpretation and critical analysis of ideas and concepts relevant to IHRM, with appropriate selection and integration of ideas and theory demonstrating breadth and depth of understanding having insights and a carefully constructed account of complex thinking.
- Cross Cultural, impact on the transferability of practices. The impact of differing cultures on the application of two of the three IHRM practices (being) performance appraisal, recruitment and or training in the operation of the MNC. - Clear and exact understanding, interpretation and presentation of ideas and arguments relevant to IHRM issues as they pertain to countries in which the MNC operates. Demonstrates appropriate critical analysis of selection and integration of complex thinking with insights and awareness of a deeper evaluation of issues in cross cultural environments supported by a range of relevant and credible sources.
- Structure and flow. Organisation of ideas with logical structured argument addressing issues clearly and developing a supported structure that flows in a logical manner. - Clear structure of report writing including executive summary, introduction, main text body and conclusion. Critically selects, evaluates, and structures ideas in a format that engages and informs with evidence and arguments sequenced providing strong, clearly articulated and academic literary support and/or real-world examples with robust supportive evidence of analyses.
- Correct use of APA6 displaying evidence that the APA 6 reference guide has been used to proof read the references and intext citations contained in the report. - Accurate referencing almost flawless with 1 or 2 minor errors contained in the report which have no impact on the transparency or traceability of the source material.
Get Assignment Help Now...!
Subjects We Offer
- Engineering Assignment Help
- MATLAB Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Assignment Help
- Civil Engineering Assignment Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Electrical Engineering Assignment Help
- Electronics Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Do My Assignment
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Programming Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Assignment Provider
- Finance Assignment Help
- Python Assignment help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Industrial Engineering Homework Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- University Assignment Help
- Agriculture Engineering Homework Help
- ATHE Courses Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- BTEC Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Resit Assignment Help
- Computer Architecture Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- PHP Assignment Help