Solved : NIT6160 Assignment 2: Data Warehousing and MiningSolution.pdf
NIT6160 Assignment 2: Data Warehousing and Mining Assignment help
The goal of this project is to applying association rule mining, classification and clustering methods on the Mushroom and groceriesdata sets. For detailed information about the mush room data set, refer to the Machine Learning Repositoryprovided by the University of California, Irvine. You can download and read more about the data there.
The groceries Dataset
Imagine 10000 receipts sitting on your table. Each receipt represents a transaction with items that were purchased. The receipt is a representation of stuff that went into a customer’s basket. That is exactly what the Groceries Data Set contains: a collection of receipts with each line representing 1 receipt and the items purchased. Each line is called a transaction and each column in a row represents an item.
Task 1: Data Pre-processing
Read the data in R. There are many ways to read in csv tables in R. For more details, please refer to data import/export in R
For the clustering experiments, the column for class labels need to be removed. Refer to lecture Module 10 to see how to do so.
Verify if any other pre-processing is beneficial for the analysis. For example, replacing missing values, attribute range normalization, converting numerical or string to nominal values etc.
Task 2: Data Mining
- Association Rule Mining experiments: Using R to explorer "association rules" on the groceries dataset. Try out different algorithms. Visualize the result you found. Report any interesting association rules discovered in the experiments and explain why they are interesting.
- Classification experiments: Using to construct classifiers on the mushroom dataset.Randomly split the data set in the training and test data set (80% v.s. 20%). Select at least one classifier from each of the following two categories of classifiers: Tree-based models, Bayes classifiers, and Rule-based classifiers. Compare the result of the chosen classifiers.
- Clustering experiments: Using R explorer clusters on themushroom dataset. Select and compare two clustering algorithms from R (e.g. k-means v.s. density-based). Use R to visually explore the resulting clusters.
- For all the above experimentations, try different parameter settings to fine tune the outcome. In principle select methods that work well on the given data set.
Task 3: Prepare a report
Your report should contain the following:
- Theoretical Discussion:Limited to two pages discussing about data preprocessing steps, the motivation for selecting a particular method, and how the parameters are chosen.
- Results:Include results and screenshots of the above experimentations.
- Discussion and error analysis:Try to interpret the results of your model. Discuss intuitions or hypothesis that can be obtained by visual inspections of the resulting classes or clusters. Mention about assumptions if any, discuss issues that might have affected the model's performance.
- References:If you are using information from other sources apart from R manual and official website, you should cite them.
This section is intended for submission instructions in learning systems.
Theoretical discussion and data-preprocessing
Error analysis & references
Get Unique assignment and Plagiarism free solution copy for R programming assignment with myassignmentmart.com is the one of the experienced sites where you can get any time assignment help of all subjects. Our R programming experts have experienced task composing specialists and can do short deadline assignments of any subjects. Our coding help specialists are accessible 24×7 for assignment help for US, UK and Australian clients. You can email us your any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Assignment Help Now...!
Subjects We Offer
- Engineering Assignment Help
- MATLAB Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Assignment Help
- Civil Engineering Assignment Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Electrical Engineering Assignment Help
- Electronics Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Do My Assignment
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Programming Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Assignment Provider
- Finance Assignment Help
- Python Assignment help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Industrial Engineering Homework Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- University Assignment Help
- Agriculture Engineering Homework Help
- ATHE Courses Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- BTEC Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Resit Assignment Help
- Computer Architecture Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- PHP Assignment Help