Design and Implementation of Wireless LAN for a Small CampusSolution.pdf
Design and implementation of wireless LAN for a small campus with necessary tools and techniques to evaluate the secure wireless connection.
Wireless networks are difficult to manage and secure due to diverse nature of components and open availability of standards compared to wire network. Nowadays, there are number of security practices expected to illustrate why there is a need to implement security tools in WLAN under different attacks. Organizations common practice is to use online interactions with customers and share company related information (may be public and private) in wireless LAN. There are high possibilities that unauthorized users may be received access of the network within the range of the network. The organization needs to prevent the outsider’s access by encrypting the transactions and network ID.
We want to install the WLAN services in a small campus with a limited user. It is necessary to analyse the surrounding environment of the campus to check the possibility of all attack from unauthorized users. Internal area can be grouped to provide wired access to staff members or administrative officers in the campus for faster speed with high security. In order to facilitate internet access to students in different classrooms, library, and/or cafeteria, we may implement WLAN devices with high features or existing may be extended in coverage area.
We propose to extend the internet services from wired network using multiple access points in different locations. There is high concern about the data speed between the wired network and wireless network. Usually, the wired network is connected by high-speed co-axial cable or Fiber optic cable. Our concern is to fulfil of higher data rate requirement by wireless network with the high level of authentication. You can find a set of tools such as WPA or WPA2 used for providing high quality network security. The tools help you to protect the network with high-speed data transmission and large coverage area.
To address these issues, we wantedto discover different types IEEE802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks within range in real time.The tools need to provide information about the network like name, SSID, security strength, source type and basic address of network. The most important thing is the security measurements in wireless networks are different in comparison of wired network. The security ensures the authentication of users in WLAN and the users on the wired network. We recommended doing it by deploying IEEE802.11x authentication that provide authentication for devices trying to connect with other devices on LANs or wireless LANs.
The main objective in this assignment is to implement IEEE 802.1X standard for security over wired or wireless LAN authentications for a campus with any number of users.
Best practices for deploying 802.1X should start with a well thought out plan that includes, but is not limited to, the following considerations:
- Give your proposed WLAN design for the campus. How can you secure your designed network from all kind of attack using WPA or WPA2 technique? Consider the network design with devices that support 802.1X Prepared by: Md Zahangir Alam Moderated by: Dr.Sanjeeb Shrestha May, 2019
- Give a single and unified solution IEEE 802.11x network using Protection-capable Management Frames that uses the existing security mechanisms rather than creating new security scheme.
- You need to deploy a secure 802.1X of any suitable (may be Cisco and Xirrus) wireless network to serve 3,000 users of University A. Keep in mind that their challenges are to find a solution that best eased their deployment, devices authentication and troubleshooting tools, and supported their diverse mix of user devices and multi-vendor network equipment. After careful evaluation, you observed that AAA/NAC platform support multi-vendor environments. Deploy a solution that supports all existing infrastructure, and works in multi-vendor environments. For user configuration support, use a solution that supports multiple operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- Design the network as specified in the above scenario from scratch. You have to submit a group report and specify each individual group member’s contribution on the front page. You should address the following tasks in your report:
- For this assignment, you need to complete the following tasks:
- Design the wireless network of campus A according to given specification in the given case study (Diagrams can be designed using MS Visio or any other available network design software).
- Establish the network security by using WPA or WPA2.
- List the security requirements for wired network and wireless network of campus A stated in the case study.
- Provide 802.1x authentication mechanism required wireless network according to the wired network of the Report. Furthermore, the network security management mechanism for further solutions should be based on the existing security scheme.
All group members:
Write the report with detail steps that explains all the solutions and implement theIEEE802.11x security demonstration using WPA or WPA2 (in the demonstration you need to consider how to user connect to the WLAN through the access point). Also, give the plan to extend the network for more users using multiple access points. Write a report that includes the following sections: abstract, introduction that contains brief history, network components etc, proposed solution along with figure, your future recommendations, and conclusions.
Get Assignment Help Now...!
Subjects We Offer
- Engineering Assignment Help
- MATLAB Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Assignment Help
- Civil Engineering Assignment Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Electrical Engineering Assignment Help
- Electronics Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Do My Assignment
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Programming Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Assignment Provider
- Finance Assignment Help
- Python Assignment help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Industrial Engineering Homework Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- University Assignment Help
- Agriculture Engineering Homework Help
- ATHE Courses Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- BTEC Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Resit Assignment Help
- Computer Architecture Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- PHP Assignment Help