simulate a npn BJT with PC1DSolution.pdf
We want to simulate a n-p-n BJT with PC1D.
1. Use an n-type Si wafer with an area of 1 mm2, 2. a thickness of 5 μm, 3. a background doping of 1×1015 cm-3.
Commonly the base and emitter are formed by diffusion processes.
1. The base diffusion has a Gaussian profile with a depth factor of 0.2 μm and a peak
doping of 1×1018 cm-3 (1st front diffusion). 2. The emitter diffusion has an erfc profile with a depth factor of 0.1 μm and a peak doping
of 1×1020 cm-3 (2nd front diffusion). 3. Further assume a lifetime of 0.05 μs and surface recombination velocities of 1000 cm/s. 4. Enable all contacts and set the emitter and base internal series resistances to 1×10-6 Ω
and the collector series resistance to 0.1 Ω. 5. The base contact should be at 0.35 μm from the front surface.
1. The excitation should be transient with 86 time steps and a time step size of 0.5 s. 2. Set the first time step at t = 0 to 1×10-9. 3. For the base circuit load the external file (located in the PC1D main folder) ib.vlt and
for the collector circuit vce.vlb.
This will create a family of common-emitter curves. The curves for collector current correspond to 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4 mA of base current, while the collector-emitter voltage is scanned in a range between 0 and 5 Volts.
Deliverables (10 points each):
1. Simulate the collector current vs. collector-emitter voltage characteristics. (print this)
2. Determine the common-emitter current gain β. (Show calculations)
3. Determine the emitter efficiency, assuming the base transport factor is unity (1.0). (show
4. What happens to β if the base diffusion is too deep (depth factor of 0.5 μm). Explain the
5. What happens to β if the emitter doping is too low (peak doping of 5×1018 cm-3). Explain the
Tired of the boring assignments to be submitted to colleges and universities? MyAssignmentMart.com gives you multiple reasons to trust it with your orders. We employ PhD experts handpicked from prestigious universities over the globe. We cater to quality assignment help, dissertation writing services and online essay help, covering more than 100 academic subjects. We pledge to complete your assignments on time and never compromise when it comes to deadline. Our prices for assignments are the most competitive in the market and make sure the cost suits your budget.
Get Assignment Help Now...!
Subjects We Offer
- Engineering Assignment Help
- MATLAB Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Assignment Help
- Civil Engineering Assignment Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Electrical Engineering Assignment Help
- Electronics Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Do My Assignment
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Programming Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Assignment Provider
- Finance Assignment Help
- Python Assignment help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Industrial Engineering Homework Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- University Assignment Help
- Agriculture Engineering Homework Help
- ATHE Courses Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- BTEC Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Resit Assignment Help
- Computer Architecture Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- PHP Assignment Help