17 Downloads | 3 Pages 645 Words
Your friends and family members have learned that you are taking a business law course, and have all come to ask your advice on how to handle their work-related problems. Using what you have learned in MGS 350, and in particular what you have learned about workplace law, try to answer their questions.
- Melanie was very excited to be offered a position as a receptionist for GlassWell. The HR manager called her and asked if she would accept the position for a salary of $40,000 plus benefits, with three weeks’ vacation. She would start on Monday. She accepted immediately. When Melanie met the manager Monday, she was asked to sign an employment contract which stated that her salary was $39,000 and she would get two weeks’ vacation to start. Melanie is very upset and is looking for some advice. Which is her employment contract? Explain.
- Jerry was upset to learn that his employer would be ending his employment. It wasn’t a surprise though, as the store really wasn’t doing a lot of business. Jerry had been employed there for 5 years. His employer told him that his employment would end in 5 weeks’ time. At the end of the 5 weeks Jerry was expecting to be paid his termination pay, but his employer told him nothing was owing to him. Who is correct? Why?
- Your step-uncle owns a small business that manufactures and sells insect protein bars to retailers. He has just interviewed Cecil, and wants to hire him as a sales person. Cecil’s duties will include driving around the province to meet with potential and current customers, to sell the bars. Cecil will use his own car and your step-uncle will reimburse him for gas and other travel-related expenses. Cecil will do his paperwork from home, only coming into the factory for meetings with your step-uncle. He will be paid a base salary plus commission. Your step-uncle wants Cecil to work for him exclusively, so he can focus on building a market for the protein bars. Your step-uncle asks you how he should structure the arrangement with Cecil; he has heard that it might be cheaper for him to treat Cecil as an independent contractor, so he plans to include a clause in Cecil’s contract that states that he is an independent contractor. Explain to your step-uncle the difference between an independent contractor and an employee, in terms of his obligations. Also, evaluate whether Cecil would be seen to be an independent contractor.
- Your best friend Gina has been working as a hairdresser at Great Look Hair Salon for a year, and has developed a good relationship with many of the customers. She has decided to start her own hairstyling business, but rather than operate out of a salon, she will come to her clients’ homes. She has just given notice of her resignation to Great Look. She asks you about the following clause in her employment contract with Great Look:
18 Downloads | 4 Pages 570 Words
ENGIN3502 Subsurface Environmental Engineering
Requirements about the report:
- Individual formal academic report.
- Adequate citations are mandate. Please note “Copy and Paste” is plagiarism (please refer to the course description on Moodle for details).
- Submit on or before the due date through Moodle. Penalty applies for late submission (please refer to the course description on Moodle for details).
Part 1: Blast fume Clearance and workplace re-entry times
Explosives that contain nitrogen, normally in the form of ammonium nitrate, can produce oxides of nitrogen, commonly called fume. With modern ANFO, the amount of toxic gases or fumes produced from blasting varies according to the explosive mix. There have been many single fatalities over generations of underground mining due to workers being gassed by toxic blasting fumes or an irrespirable atmosphere after re-entering the area that was blasted.
11 Downloads | 6 Pages 945 Words
As you implement the application in each language, you should keep notes on the features of the languages used, which you found useful, as well as any issues or complications which arose due to the complexity or lack of any language features. A brief discussion based on these programming features for each individual language accompanying each implementation is required. Finally, a comparative overview of the languages highlighting applicability based on your experience in the design, implementation and debugging of your code is also required.
66 Downloads | 4 Pages 670 Words
The Impact of Healthcare Reform and the Accountable care Act (ACA) on providers (i.e. hospitals and doctors) and patients Below are more specifics related to the expected contents of the Term Paper that will be due later this semester. In addition to the Cover Page and the Table of Contents ....
11 Downloads | 5 Pages 945 Words
The purpose of this assignment is to prepare a national health workforce plan for one country in the category of low and lower-middle income countries, as defined by WHO. These countries in particular have been identified in the latest report by WHO (WHO, 2016) as having a shortfall in health workers of some 18 million by 2030.
Your task in this assignment is to implement the original LZW encoder and decoder with 14-bit 16384 dictionary entries, called lencode and ldecode, in C/C++. After the dictionary is full, no new entries can be added. This assignment is to let you understand how LZW works, rather than to produce encoded files with reduced size. Therefore, the encoder will take input from the the standard input and output directly to the standard output. You may assume the input contains one or more visible ASCII characters (plus spaces and tabs). You may further assume that there is one and only one newline character at the end.
The groceries Dataset
Imagine 10000 receipts sitting on your table. Each receipt represents a transaction with items that were purchased. The receipt is a representation of stuff that went into a customer’s basket. That is exactly what the Groceries Data Set contains: a collection of receipts with each line representing 1 receipt and the items purchased. Each line is called a transaction and each column in a row represents an item.
100 | 4 Pages 1000 words
Explain and discuss the human physiologic responses and adaptations
1. Cardiovascular responses
2. Respiratory responses
3. Skeletal muscle energy metabolism
4. Hormonal responses
23 Downloads | 2 Pages 870 Words
In this assignment, you will be asked to find specific information related to the area and perimeter of a garden you are designing.
Instructions: Imagine that you are landscaper who is designing a garden for your clients. The garden must contain a fountain, a stone path, two flower beds, and a sprinkler system. The fountain, stone path, and flower beds can be placed anywhere inside the garden. An example of a design is shown below. Answer questions 1–7. Save all of your work to this template and submit it in Blackboard for grading.
Part One: For questions 1–4, identify the dimensions of the garden and its components. You can select any whole number for the dimensions of each component; however, the dimensions must fit the criteria outlined in the questions below. All dimensions should be given in feet.
50 | Drawing based (No word limit)
Given front and top view
(1) Create 3D Model using Solidworks
(2) Make drawing in Solidworks with front, top ,right side
(3) Submit part file and drawing file through CCLE .