The Application of Intelligence to Crime, Criminology and Criminal JusticeSolution.pdf
Topic: The Application of Intelligence to Crime, Criminology and Criminal Justice
A 3,000 words assignment relating to the application of intelligence within the criminal justice arena. It will assess your academic ability to critically analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the intelligence process and enable you to link theory to practice.
Chris Blake (Principal Lecturer in Law, Policing and Investigation, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Law, Teesside University, UK).
Non-police studentsshould be able to:
‘...review and assess the local (HK) intelligence gathering processes and then critically compare and contrast this with the operation of the UK ILP model/NIM. You should identify the strengths and weaknesses of the local (HK) intelligence gathering processes…’
Police students should:
Select a HK based police investigation and ‘…demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how the investigation was shaped/influenced by the application of the local (HK) intelligence gathering process. Then, critically compare and contrast this with the operation of the UK ILP model/NIM. Be able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the local (HK) intelligence gathering processes…’
NIM is designed to prioritize targets for increased intelligence gathering, prevention strategies and enforcement tactics into a control strategy – this control strategy is the basis from which local police commanders set priorities for the management of crime and disorder hotspots, the investigation of linked series of crimes / incidents and the application of preventive measures.
ILP is a management philosophy which aims to prevent / reduce crime and to disrupt offender activity by employing a top-down approach that combines crime analysis and criminal intelligence into “crime intelligence”, which is then used to objectively direct police decisions and which focuses enforcement activities.”
Points to remember:
- 3,000 words +/- 10% (2,800 to 3,300 words excluding bibliography).
- Double-spacing, font size 12, use suitable headings and paragraphing.
- Use Harvard referencing system. No plagiarism.
- You can form study groups to discuss with your classmates. But you must write the essay by yourself. You will fail if you are found copying from your classmates or vice versa.
- Don’t simply cut-and-paste from my notes or other people’s work. You must have your own analysis or personal opinion. Support your opinion with facts or logic and common sense.
Feedback from TU last year
“Extremely good work with presentation of a very high standard albeit identifying and signposting the reader to the specific aims of the work would have enhanced the presentation. Overall, there is comprehensive understanding of key concepts and knowledge and clear evidence of critical analysis and insight based on strong research and reading, with excellent use of referencing.” Grade A
“Extremely good work with presentation of a very good standard although the mark awarded takes account of the excessive word count - 4,869 which is some 1,500 words over that permitted. The work demonstrates an excellent knowledge base with a clear understanding of the issues and application to practice where appropriate. There is some effective critical and analytical application of relevant research and reading, i.e. links made between a drugs case study and relevant theories and concepts including ILP, NIM, 3-i model, 5x5x5 and stages of crime analysis. Referencing conforms to the school standards and style. Grade B
“This is an adequate presentation, with a basic knowledge and understanding that meets some but not all of the learning outcomes. For example, there is no review of the NIM / local intelligence system via relevant policing scenarios. Neither is there a critical review of the differences between various forms of intelligence and information processes. The work is largely descriptive, contains numerous unsupported statement with little or no critical analysis.” Fail
Get Assignment Help Now...!
Subjects We Offer
- Engineering Assignment Help
- MATLAB Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Assignment Help
- Civil Engineering Assignment Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Electrical Engineering Assignment Help
- Electronics Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Do My Assignment
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Programming Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Assignment Provider
- Finance Assignment Help
- Python Assignment help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Industrial Engineering Homework Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Statistics Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- University Assignment Help
- Agriculture Engineering Homework Help
- ATHE Courses Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- BTEC Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Material Science Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Resit Assignment Help
- Computer Architecture Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- PHP Assignment Help