14 Downloads | 2 Pages 400 Words
- Convert the binary data “011010” into analog waveforms
- With fc = 500 kHz, fd = 25 kHz, and M = 16 (L = 4 bits), compute the frequency assignments for each of the sixteen possible 4-bit data combinations. 3. Draw the approximate Analog Modulation and Frequency Modulation waveforms
- Draw the 16 QAM Constellation Diagram having two different amplitude levels and eight different phase levels.
- Explain and draw the Error Detection Process for Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC).
31 Downloads | 5 Pages 845 Words
Design and implementation of wireless LAN for a small campus with necessary tools and techniques to evaluate the secure wireless connection.
Wireless networks are difficult to manage and secure due to diverse nature of components and open availability of standards compared to wire network. Nowadays, there are number of security practices expected to illustrate why there is a need to implement security tools in WLAN under different attacks. Organizations common practice is to use online interactions with customers and share company related information (may be public and private) in wireless LAN. There are high possibilities that unauthorized users may be received access of the network within the range of the network. The organization needs to prevent the outsider’s access by encrypting the transactions and network ID.
39 Downloads | 5 Pages 934 Words
The total word count for this assignment should be between 2,500 and 3,500 words. This includes all in text references and appendices but excludes any footnotes, reference page or contents page. N.B. Appendices should only be used in exceptional circumstances and should consist of only brief extracts or tables. 8. The amount of words per question should reflect the number of marks allocated. 9. Penalties will be applied for excessive overall word count.
All questions can be answered in relation to a jurisdiction with which you are familiar. Where a specific jurisdiction has been selected this should be clearly stated in your answer. Answer all questions.
53 Downloads | 5 Pages 985 Words
This assignment aims at assessing students on the Learning Outcome from 1 to 4 as mentioned above.
- Your client Helen wants to fund her business as a fashion designer, therefore she has sold some of the assets as follows:
- An antique impressionism painting Helen’s father bought in February 1985 for $4,000. Helen sold the painting on 1 December 2018 for $12,000. (2.5 marks)
- Helen sold her historical sculpture on 1 January 2018 for $6,000. She has purchased the piece on December 1993 for $5,500. (2.5 marks)
- An antique jewellery piece purchased in October 1987 for $14,000. Helen sold the antique jewellery piece on 20 March 2018 for $13,000. (2.5 marks)
- Helen sold a picture for $5,000 on 1 July 2018. Her mother purchased the picture in March 1987 for $470. (2.5 marks)
Advise the Capital Gain Tax consequences of the above transactions.
29 Downloads | 3 Pages 450 Words
Database implementation using MS Access
The sample solution of assignment 1 will be released on the unit website approximately two (2) weeks after the assignment 1 due date. You must use that sample solution of assignment 1 only for the following tasks:
- Map the ERD, from the sample solution, into a set of relations in at least Third Normal Form (3NF). You must ensure that your relations meet 3NF. There is no need to show your working.
- Select any two of your relations from the previous step, 1a), and perform the following for each of those two relations:
- List all the functional dependencies exist in the relation.
- Demonstrate that the relation meets Third Normal Form (3NF).
11 Downloads | 4 Pages 670 Words
- c) How a streaming key is used to encode a text in WPA2? Explain it briefly.
- d) Consider the key = 1234 and the text = 7788. Apply RC4 illustrated (simplified) in class. What is the first key? Show the computation step:
HW5 A5/1 Encryption
This assignment is to practice A5/1 encryption. Refer to the feedback polynomials with the same clocking bits as the one discussed in class. Consider the following three registers to generate a key stream.
Message to send: K
R1 = [1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0]
R2 = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0]
R3 = [1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1]
Please note that
- the LFSR represented in a list is opposite to that explained in the class slides. It means that R1 above the first bit is on the left, and the last 19th bit is on the right end.
- the clock bits of LFSR are 9th, 11th and 11th of R1, R2 and R3.
54 Downloads | 4 Pages 670 Words
In this assignment you will provide a Python script which will calculate the Biorhythms for an individual and present the data graphically using libraries and a common algorithm.
Timelines and Expectations Percentage Value of Task: 20% Due: 17:00 Friday May 31 2019 (week 11) Minimum time expectation: 20 hours
Learning Outcomes Assessed The following course learning outcomes are assessed by completing this assessment:
- K1. Identify and use the correct syntax of a common programming language.
- K2. Recall and use typical programming constructs to design and implement simple software solutions.
- K3. Reproduce and adapt commonly used basic algorithms.
- K4. Explain the importance of programming style concepts (documentation, mnemonic names, indentation)
- S2. Write and implement a solution algorithm using basic programming constructs.
- S3. Demonstrate debugging and testing skills whilst writing code.
- A1. Develop self-reliance and judgement in adapting algorithms to diverse contexts.
- A2. Design and write program solutions to identified problems using accepted design constructs.
54 Downloads | 9 Pages 1820 Words
Information Systems Project Management - Initial Project Plan
This project relates to the system design, end to end development, and then the implementation / integration with the existing IT infrastructure of the company. The system being developed is the information system for the company’s Human Resources function and the system shall automate the process of recording, tracking, managing, and retrieving the performance management processes relating to all of the employees at the company. By way of developing this system, the company can improve the efficiency of the overall process, enhance resource usage, and save costs from removing redundancy in the extant manual process. The company shall plan, manage, implement, and control / monitor this project by way of using internal personnel donning the roles of project management team and actin as the project management office. The project team shall include one senior manager at the role of project lead the four members who reporting to this project lead. In terms of business outcome expected by way of the project, the company shall benefit from costs saved over years by moving to an automated process and gradually developing process level efficiencies. The overall budget planned and assigned to this project inclusive of contingency fund is equivalent to $350,000 and project schedule planned from initiation until the system delivery / integration is 8 months.
31 Downloads | 5 Pages 845 Words
Telecommunication System Engineering
Group Assessment (Minimum two and maximum four students in a group)
Design of a communication link to interconnect two locations.
Unit Learning Outcomes covered in this assessment
43 Downloads | 6 Pages 945 Words
Topic: The Application of Intelligence to Crime, Criminology and Criminal Justice
A 3,000 words assignment relating to the application of intelligence within the criminal justice arena. It will assess your academic ability to critically analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the intelligence process and enable you to link theory to practice.
Chris Blake (Principal Lecturer in Law, Policing and Investigation, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Law, Teesside University, UK).
Non-police studentsshould be able to:
‘...review and assess the local (HK) intelligence gathering processes and then critically compare and contrast this with the operation of the UK ILP model/NIM. You should identify the strengths and weaknesses of the local (HK) intelligence gathering processes…’